2009 Beauties

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Miss Singapore World 2009


IT WAS first-time lucky for Miss Singapore World 2009 winner Ris Low.

‘I’m excited because I’ve never been to any of these countries and I’ll get to meet other contestants too,’

MISS RIS LOW, winner of Miss Singapore World 2009, who will be heading to London, Dubai and South Africa to take part in the global finals.

‘It was my first time taking part in the finals of a beauty pageant so I didn’t think I would win,’ said the 19-year-old student.

Her victory last Friday was made sweeter because she had been nursing a cold in the week of the contest, with a fever peaking at below 39 deg C.

‘I tried not to let it affect my performance,’ said the 1.72m-tall Miss Low.

‘After it ended, I headed home to celebrate with my family over a short dinner,’ said the student at the Management Development Institute of Singapore, where she is taking hospitality, travel and tourism courses.

She will be heading to London, Dubai and South Africa in November to take part in the global finals.

‘I’m excited because I’ve never been to any of these countries and I’ll get to meet other contestants too,’ she said.

As the month-long commitment is in the middle of her assessment period, she has arranged to take her exams before leaving.

As part of her preparations, she will be attending grooming classes. ‘I’ll also try to improve my speech and my walk,’ she added.



No comments:

Post a Comment